Performers should select acoustic instruments or objects that can be struck, plucked, or otherwise sounded in such a way as to not produce a constant tone, but a clear attack and decay.
Instructions for performers:
- play one sound at a time and let it die out completely before making another one
- don’t play if anyone else is playing
- play as often as possible
- if two or more start at the same time, all but one must stifle their sound
- you may observe, but do not communiacte with the other performers
- play either for a predetermined amount of time, or until it is time to stop